Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Jerry Kuderna at the Hillside Club: Carter, Nin-Culmell, and Others

The pianist Jerry Kuderna is playing one fantastic program at Berkeley's Hillside Club this Friday, April 11, 2008:

Two Centenaries: Elliott Carter and Joaquin Nin-Culmell

Claude Debussy: Etudes (1915)
Pour les arpeges composees
Pour les cinq doigts

Milton Babbitt: Tableaux (1973)

Elliott Carter: Night Fantasies

Joaquin Nin-Culmell: Tonadas (selections) (1957-1972)

Federico Mompou: Musica Callada (selections) (1959-1971)


This is for the bargain price of $15! I can't be there, but maybe you can:

Admission $15 ($10 for HSC members and Seniors)
The Berkeley Hillside Club
2286 Cedar Street
Berkeley 94709
Info: (510) 845-1350

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I met Jerry at a Carter symposium in Minnesota in 2006 and found him to be a warm and interesting man. We had several enlightening conversations about Carter, and he sent me a recording of his performance of Mr. Carter's Piano Concerto. Unfortuantely, it's too late for me to fly to San Francisco today, and I'm sorry you can't make the concert, either. I would have asked to to say hello for me. And I'd would have recommended that you ask him to tell you his story about playing Carter's Piano Sonata for the composer.

Lisa Hirsch said...

I will hear him eventually - and he writes for SFCV, as do I, so maybe we will be at the same event at some point. If I see him....I'll say hi from you.