Tuesday, January 27, 2009

LA Opera

Competely forgot to blog this last week: LA Opera has announced its 2009-10 season. I'm not going to do the song-and-dance analysis I do for San Francisco, just list the operas to be performed - though I will note that Placido Domingo is singing in Tamerlano as well as Die Walkuere. If I ever figure out how cut tags work on Blogger...

  • L'Elisir d'Amore (The Elixir of Love) (Revival)
  • Siegfried (Company Premiere)
  • Tamerlano (Company Premiere)
  • Il Barbiere di Siviglia (The Barber of Seville) (Production New to LA Opera)
  • Götterdämmerung (The Twilight of the Gods) (Company Premiere)
  • Die Gezeichneten (The Stigmatized) (U.S. and Company Premiere)
  • Das Rheingold (Revival, as Part of Ring Cycle)
  • Die Walküre (Revival, as Part of Ring Cycle)
  • Recitals by Thomas Hampson and Renee Fleming

2 comments:

Henry Holland said...

Finally, the Die Gezeichneten shows up! I wish it was being directed by Darko Tresnjak, his Der Zwerg was fantastic and Der Vogel looks like more of the same. Oh well, Mr. Conlon should really be in his element with Schreker, so I plan to go to all 3 performances.

The Ring should be fun, but the rest *shudder* At least there's not 3 Puccini's that season. :-)

Lisa Hirsch said...

Okay, well, since SFO is getting the two mature Puccini operas I've never seen, I can't complain! but I really ought to come down for Der Vogel.