- People who grew up in Teaneck (during a certain era) and attended Teaneck High
- People who went to Brandeis
- Old-recording fans
- People who worked at Documentum
- People who work at Google (I was at lunch with the man who invented the Internet the other day, and no, I don't mean Al Gore.)
- Bay Area choral singers
- Crazy opera people
- People who do Dan Zan Ryu jujitsu
- Classical music and opera bloggers
- Members of the Music Critics Association of North America (Yes, that's me on a panel with Anne Midgette, Anthony Tommasini, John Rockwell, and others.)
- Science fiction fans (I once had lunch with Ursula Le Guin. Elizabeth A. Lynn is a good friend. I knew Patrick and Teresa before Making Light. Etc.)
- People who are or were on the Well
- People who were in the Society for Creative Anachronism during a certain era
- Bay Area contra-dancers/folkies
- Through my partner, people in public health
A couple of Facebook incidents call this to mind:
- Joshua Kosman (readers of this blog know who he is) knows Wes Nichols (with whom I went to high school...and played flute....and read plays) from attending music camp together when they were teenagers.
- David Urrows (with whom I went to high school...and college) knows Jonathan Bellman (whom I know from Dial M for Musicology and Reactions to the Record) from musicology circles.
And then there were Amanda Walker's photos from the 2011 Pennsic War on Google+.