Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Hitting Refresh

It's that time of the decade, and one can only hope that the election will be decided tonight, and not in a recount or the courts. It was all over by 8:30 in 2008, of course.

I'll be in jujitsu class from 8 to 9:30 tonight, which will be good for me, unless my students don't show up. In the meantime, here are the sites I'm watching.

  • electoral-vote.com, but it has not refreshed in the last 10 minutes, and I'm thinking Andy Tannenbaum may have underestimated how much additional server capacity he would need tonight. He reported 1,000 QPS an hour ago, after all. Update: He is reporting that the servers are totally overloaded. "I am not giving up, but I'm not hopeful."
  • NY Times live update page, where they've already called Indiana and Kentucky for Romney (duh) and Vermont for Obama
  • Google Election Results page
Don't worry too much about the early returns from Florida. It's a big state and has a history of messy elections.

No comments: