Monday, April 15, 2013

Which is Which?

Sunken Garden, Secret Garden, can you tell the difference?



I can assure you that SF Opera didn't make extravagant claims about how The Secret Garden represents a new phase of operatic production. And West Edge (nee Berkeley) Opera has been presenting terrific productions with projections for quite some time, at least since their first Bluebeard's Castle in 1996.

Note to writers and bloggers everywhere: the composer of Sunken Garden is Michel van der Aa, not Michael. I can mention this without guilt because I made the same damn mistake a while back.




3 comments:

Zwölftöner said...

Watching Lebrecht make a fool out of himself over this has been hugely entertaining. Today's Sunken Garden post is the best yet.

Lisa Hirsch said...

Oh, lord. I was never a Lebrecht fan and he is now completely persona non grata after his vile behavior following William Bennett's stoke. Should I take a look anyway?

Lisa Hirsch said...

Okay, I gave him the click. Good god, the usual failure to acknowledge a blatant error (which Chicago opera company Brian Dickie was with), and utter stupidity on the subject of what it means to be a 21st c. opera. I can't bear to read the whole comment thread.

What a maroon.