Saturday, July 20, 2013

Minor Communications Issue

Just a suggestion: if every event at your festival is sold out, the daily emails you send out that 1) discuss how wonderful last night's performance was and 2) tout upcoming concerts should clearly state the following:
Our upcoming events are sold out, but check with the box office for returns.
Since that's the only way you will get in. I unsubscribed from the mailing list. And yeah, I should have bought tickets to the events I wanted to see months ago.

3 comments:

Dr.B said...

I really wanted to see the Biber which sold out almost immediately.

Lisa Hirsch said...

Transparently obvious to anyone in the Bay Area what I was talking about. I should have gotten Biber tickets as soon as they went on sale; as it turned out, I was laid up with a sore back last weekend and would not have been able to go in any case.

Anonymous said...

On the opposite end of that, constantly sending out Emails announcing sales for this weekend's tickets, last minute specials and additional drops in ticket prices are also annoying. On that side of thing, it makes you sound desperate plus it lets people know that they should wait until the last minute to buy tickets for $15 rather than in advance for $25-35 (or however much).