Friday, August 15, 2014

Ballo Cast Change, San Francisco Opera

Just arrived, the first cast change of the season: Krassimira Stoyanova, who was to sing the first six of the seven performances, has withdrawn for health reasons. Julianna Di Giacomo, who was going to sing the last performance, will instead sing all seven. The production opens on October 4, 2014.

Ms. Stoyanova is quoted in the press release as follows: “It is regrettable that my scheduled debut with the beautiful San Francisco Opera has to be postponed due to required procedures following the unanticipated emergency surgery I had in late April.  I am looking forward to coming to San Francisco Opera in the future and getting to know its wonderful public.”

I hope she'll be singing here in the future, and in the meantime, I wish her a swift and complete recovery. And I hope Ms. Di Giacomo, who makes her role and SFO debut in these performances, knocks us dead!

No comments: