Monday, January 25, 2016

As If.

Maybe I just don't know what goes on in the upper reaches of Davies - after all, I usually sit in the orchestra section - but the following photo, which accompanied a request to complete a survey about the program I just attended, doesn't look anything like what I saw around me Saturday night at Marek Janowski's program:


You got your young white male hipster, your young white female hipster (I presume), and a young probably-African American male. I'd be a lot more likely to see this folks at SoundBox - at least, that's what I think. You tell me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hipsters, only occasionally. But in those parts of the upper reaches where I sit, the rest of the entire box is sometimes filled with teenagers or college students, some of them so new to this that one of them once asked me what was going on when the lights went up for intermission.

CruzSF said...

I've actually seen quite a few hipsters in my usual section, First Tier. Maybe more young people than full-on hipsters, and by "young" I mean they look 35 years old or younger. Of course, I have no idea if they are subscribers, non-subscribers, or used Goldstar for their tickets.

Lisa Hirsch said...

I am happy to be wrong about this, believe me. And I ought to have realized what the deal is with orchestra seats, too.

CruzSF said...

The next time I'm up there, I'll take a tally and maybe a photo, too. For research.

It's not a rave up there, by any means, even with the higher than expected number of younger people. (Hmm. That reference might be too old for the hipster generation.)