Sunday, June 08, 2008

Things I Learned This Week

  • Going to five performances in six days is a mistake, at least if you also have to go to work. That would be Das Rheingold, the SF Symphony program, and three concerts at the Berkeley early music fest ("Berkeley Festival and Exhibition" - why tell you the subject of the festival, after all?).
  • Nonetheless, I'm sorry I couldn't have attended all of the festival concerts, and I'm especially sorry to have missed the Concord Ensemble/Piffaro concert, though I did catch the Concord Ensemble's fabulous program of Spanish music.
  • It's a good idea to figure out the questions you need answered to finish your review on a day you can expect Cal Performances' press office to be open.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa I am especially grateful you were able to make it to our Spanish program at BEMF. We loved putting it together for such a discerning audience. The concert with Piffaro also went especially well, but if you really missed hearing it, there's always a chance to listen to it on record, albeit in a slightly modified version. --Pablo Corá, The Concord Ensemble

Lisa Hirsch said...

I'm so glad I saw that program! And thank you for the reminder about the CD. I will put it on my shopping list.

Meanwhile, the concert raised a question, which I will blog separately.