- A bracing pair of concerts by Pierre Boulez, who leads works by Ives, Carter, Varèse, Janácek, Szymanowski, and Stravinsky
- Riccardo Muti conducts the Verdi Requiem
- Esa-Pekka Salonen conducts music of Debussy, Stravinsky, Bartok, and, oh, yes, Salonen, a new commision
- A piece by Turnage/Scofield, led by Steven Sloane
- A six-concert Dvorák series, led by Mark Elder, giving the Bohemian master more attention than he probably gets in any five-year period. One of my readers is already plotting to attend, I am sure.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
The CSO season for 2008-09 has been announced, and among the Bach, Beethoven, and Mozart programs are these: