Sunday, February 03, 2008

Correction to the Record

Quite some time ago, I commented on Wellsung about a vividly-remember Opera News review by, I was convinced, Martin Bernheimer. More recently, I raised the topic of the same review on parterre.com.

Mr. Bernheimer emailed me to say he had written no such review, and repeated attempts to find it on the ON Web site haven't turned it up.

I remember the review quite well, including where it was located on the page, but apparently not the name of the author. I plan to find the damn review so I can attribute it correctly; apologies to Mr. Bernheimer for the misattribution.

2 comments:

Henry Holland said...

Ooooohhhh, look at *you*, getting an e-mail from Martin Bernheimer. [sulks in corner, jealous]

That Wellsungs thread is a hoot, I remember it well.

Lisa Hirsch said...

I'll have to go re-read it! It has been a while.

Also, can you send me your email address? I don't have it and have wanted to write you a couple of times.