Monday, December 08, 2008

More Modernist Music

If you weren't at the Carterfest - or if you were and you're in the mood for another concert of music with spine - the San Francisco Contemporary Music Players have this on their agenda for tonight, December 8, 2008, 8 p.m., Yerba Buena Gardens Forum:
  • Francesconi, A fuoco
  • Saariaho, Sept Papillons
  • Zhou Long, Wild Grass
  • Boulez, Le Marteau sans maitre
If I could sleep in tomorrow, I'd go, but I need a night off after this past, very wonderful, weekend.

2 comments:

Empiricus said...

I'll be remiss for skipping this one--it's not often Marteau gets played in its entirety. But then again, someone has to write an article about Schumann's Konzertstuck; might as well be me.

For those with the opportunity, GO!!!!!!

Lisa Hirsch said...

I did not go, which I regret, but...

The Konzertstuck for 4 horns? Great piece!