I'm planning a self-defense class for next month, in my beautiful location in El Cerrito!
When: Most likely 4 Sunday afternoons, 2 to 5 p.m., starting January 3 or 10.
Where: Mind-Body Dojo, 7512 Fairmount Ave, El Cerrito, CA. This is just a few blocks east of El Cerrito Plaza BART, and convenient to 80/580 (Central Avenue exit)
Cost: $150/student, open to all regardless of ability to pay
Who: All women age 16 and up. We are LGBTQ-welcoming. No athletic or martial arts experience necessary; techniques adaptable to suit your needs.
What. The curriculum includes:
- The foundations of self-protection: Alertness, awareness, & avoidance
- Use of the voice; use of common objects as weapons
- Basic strikes: hammer blow, heel of hand, elbow blows
- Basic kicks: front, side, rear
- Escapes from common attacks: chokes, bear hugs, hair pulls
- Defending yourself on the ground or against a wall
- How to deal with an attacker who has a weapon
- Securing your home
- Staying safe on the street, in your car, home, or workplace
How to enroll: email me (firstname.lastname@example.org), post here, or phone me at 510-842-NAGE (6243).
What else: Forward this information to women you know!
Questions? Ask in the comments.