I was reminded recently of some anniversaries in my life that are clustered around June and July.
- June 30, 1991: I passed my shodan (first degree black belt) exam in Danzan Ryu jujitsu.
- June 30, 1996: I took a golden, well, bronze, parachute and left Kaiser Permanente with six months of salary and, even better, two years of free health care. This was the end of boring jobs that I did to support my jujitsu habit. I had already taken a technical writing class at UC Extension, and this gave me the breathing room to do some freelance work and apply for jobs, moving me into the world of interesting jobs to support my jujitsu habit.
- June 30, 2001: I passed my nidan (second degree black belt) exam.
- July 26, 2006: I sent my resume to a friend who had recently left Documentum for Google. It took a while, but they hired me. I started at Google in November, 2006.
- July 4, 2024: I left Google (happily, for various reasons).
No comments:
Post a Comment