Several things make a post:
- Soprano Erie Mills, who had a fine career and went on to be artistic director of Livermore Valley Opera, sadly died in June at 73. She accomplished some great things at LVO; I loved some of the productions I saw there, which were well-directed with a good orchestra despite being produced on a very small budget. If you've got memories of her, in any capacity, you can email them to LVOpera1992@gmail.com. If you'd like to donate in her memory, go to the company's donation page.
- There's a tribute to Erie Mills on November 11, 2026.
- The BSO musicians have a new three-year contract; I cannot find information on the terms of the contract except that the musicians will have a larger say than they had in the choice of music directors.
- Musicologist Leah Broad's next book will be Unsung: Trailblazing Women Musicians of the Second World War, about Alma Rosé, Elly Ney, Myra Hess, and more. Details at her Substack, including a pre-order link with a built-in discount.
- The Teatro alla Scala, Milan has made its streaming platform completely free.
No comments:
Post a Comment