Sunday, September 14, 2008

Composers, Inc. Correction

Some time ago, I blogged about Composers, Inc. and their upcoming season. I based my posting on an item in SFCV's Music News column, and picked up a mistake based on a misreading of a press release from Composers, Inc. 

Here's the correct information about the upcoming season:

Composers, Inc. has commissioned new works by California composers Ann Callaway, Edmund Campion, Matthew Cmiel, Cindy Cox, Donald Crockett, Richard Felciano, and Derek Jacoby. In addition, they'll perform two works by winners of the Lee Ettelson Composer's Award, Sean Friar (Hell Bent, for piano trio) and Clint Needham (Five Pieces for Woodwind Quintet). Lastly, there will be new works by five directors of the organization, Robert Greenberg, Frank La Rocca, Jeffrey Miller, Martin Rokeach, and Allen Shearer.

My apologies to Composers, Inc., for the major error I made in spelling out what the new works are and which were commissions. They've got an exciting season coming up and I hope all of their performances will be well attended.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UCB Faculty: Campion, Cox, Felciano
UCB Grads: La Rocca, Greenberg, Shearer
CSUEB Faculty: LaRocca, Shearer, Miller

Lisa Hirsch said...

I've deleted the previous posting, which was obvious spam, presumably posted up by a publicist.