Friday, September 26, 2008

Program

                          Music Club Concert


Overture to "Ferdinand Cortez"                       Anton Spontini
              David Urrows, Therese Provenzano, piano

Tides of Manuan
The Banshee
Aeolian Harp                                         Henry Cowell

The Darkened Valley                                  John Ireland
Irish Tune From County Derry                         Percy Grainger

Temps de Chiffon: 1. Greene Street Slow Drag
                  2. Waverly Stomp                   R. Albert Hall
 
               David Urrows, piano

                             Intermission

In C                                                 Terry Reilly

The Spirit of Ink                                    Alan Hovhanness
        Apparition of the eternal one
        Salutation of dawn
        Tree of birds
        Apparition of a celestial city
        Strange birds
        Birds in a magic forest
             Lisa Hirsch, Michael Vogel, Lisa Braverman, flutes


Overture to "Tancredi"                               Rossini
              David Urrows, Therese Provenzano, piano


Slosberg Music Center Recital Hall            8:30   April 10, 1976

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a blast from the past.

Did you play In C?

What was it like?

Lisa Hirsch said...

I did!

It was fun.

It was long - we picked an arbitrary amount of time to play. I can't remember much beyond that.

Anonymous said...

With only a few players, you could play "In C" in less than 5 minutes, if you really wanted to. I'm not sure how true to the composer's intention that would be, but it could certainly be done.

What with that, and the Cowell and the Hovhaness, I really want to attend this concert. I felt crushed on seeing the date. As the saying has it, you can't get there from here.

Lisa Hirsch said...

It was a long time ago, and I don't think there is a tape, alas. Had I but known!

Sator Arepo said...

What an awesome program! I am jealous.

Lisa Hirsch said...

I wish I remembered more about it, including what Lisa Braverman looked like. I remember Michael Vogel fine (sadly, he is now deceased).