Think of 15 albums that had such a profound effect on you they changed your life or the way you looked at it. They sucked you in and took you over for days, weeks, months, years. These are the albums that you can use to identify time, places, people, emotions. These are the albums that no matter what they were thought of musically shaped your world. When you finish, tag 15 others, including me. Make sure you copy and paste this part so they know the drill. Get the idea now? Good. Tag, you're it.Changed your life is too big, but sucked in for months, days, whatever, so that you remember where and when you heard them....okay.
1. Mozart, "Madamina," Ezio Pinza
2. Beethoven, Fifth Symphony, Karajan
3. Stravinsky, Petrouchka, Dorati?
4. Rolling Stones, Sticky Fingers
5. Holly Near, Fire in the Rain
6. Beethoven, Missa Solemnis
7. Enya, Watermark
8. Verdi, "Ritorna vincitor!", Eva Turner
9. Wagner, Tristan und Isolde, Boehm
10. Beethoven, "Harp" Quartet, op. 74
11. Rachmaninov, Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, Horenstein/Wild
12. Villancicos y Danzas Criollas, Hesperion XXI
Hmm, only 12. Maybe I'll think of more. Some of my obsessive listening is too far in the past for me to remember!