- Janos Gereben (Opera West)
- Opera Tattler. Yeah, the scene changes! Man, they were tedious.
- Lisa Hirsch (and on this blog)
- Jason Vincent Serinus (SFCV). I don't know about the silvery coloratura sound. I mean, I've read a few eyewitness comments on Grisi, Pasta, and Malibran. Is that silvery sound a 20th c. convention or what Bellini would have expected?
- Joshua Kosman and I saw the same show.
- Brian at Out West Arts is more positive about the production than I was.
- Richard Scheinin. Attractive hipster production is one way to look at it!
- SF Mike at Civic Center, positive on the music (as are we all) and rolling his eyes at the staging
- John Marcher at A Beast in the Jungle is less down on the production than most of us. What, Norma the most preposterous?!
More as they come in.