- A.C.Douglas liked the conducting about as much as I did. (Try Furtwangler's entrance of the giants to see why Levine's was a facepalm moment for me.)
- Alex Wellsung was in the house.
- Sieglinde was too.
- Alex Ross gives the nod to Eric Owens in advance of publishing his full review (I agree with this).
- The pseudonymous Octavian, writing at Parterre Box, was less than thrilled, for good reasons.
- Richard Garmise in Opera Britannia
- An Unamplified Voice has remarks.
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Das Rheingold Blogosphere Roundup
Opera Tattler has a mainstream-media roundup.I'm just scanning the blogs.