- Seattle Opera (Rogister)
- Los Angeles Opera (Nagano)
- Washington National Opera (Reggioli)
- Los Angeles Philharmonic (Salonen)
- Boston Symphony Orchestra (Levine)
- New York Philharmonic (Salonen)
- Cleveland Orchestra (Boulez)
- Chicago Symphony Orchestra (Boulez)
- Berkeley Opera (Khuner; once in the 1990s, once in the 2000s)
Bluebeard's Castle is a monument, one of the great operas of the 20th c. It does not need a fancy-schmancy staging, as demonstrated brilliantly by the two fine productions at Berkeley Opera. It's not expensive to put on, with only two singers.
Why oh why can't SFO or SFS perform it?