Sunday, June 10, 2012

Inuksuit at Ojai North

Just a reminder that you'll have a rare opportunity to hear John Luther Adams's Inuksuit on Monday, June 11 - that's tomorrow - at 5 p.m. in the Faculty Glade near Hertz Hall on the UC Campus in Berkeley. It's free, and from the accounts of last Thursday's performance in Ojai, it should be wonderful.

Whether you can go or not, here's a discussion of Inuksuit with percussionist and conductor Steven Schick, and here's the Inuksuit Resource Guide, compiled by percussionist Dave Gerhart.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would SO love to see this! I presume you're going? Post a review of it if you do!

Lisa Hirsch said...

Argh, I am MISSING Inuksuit because I will be out of town tonight on business. I'll be at the rest of the concerts.

Anonymous said...

Darn! Well, looking forward to your review of Nixon in China!

Lisa Hirsch said...

DAMN is exactly how I feel.

My Nixon review still isn't posted but I hope it'll go up this morning.

Dave Gerhart - Percussionist, Educator said...

Thanks so much for linking to my resource guide. I hope it was helpful. If you are in the Bay Area, you should definitely check out this performance! We just had a great performance in Ojai last Thursday and it is worth seeing this piece live!

Thanks!
Dave

Lisa Hirsch said...

You're welcome, Dave, and thank YOU.

I wish I could have been there but I am in Half Moon Bay on a department offsite.

Lisa Hirsch said...

You're welcome, Dave, and thank YOU.

I wish I could have been there but I am in Half Moon Bay on a department offsite.