He makes many good points, although as I have said in the past, I consider Twitter a useful tool. If I get some retweets, might mean more people are reading my blog!
In any event, he's right about transparency. For the record, some things I've said before:
- Nobody pays me to write this blog.
- There's no advertising on the blog.
- If a review of mine is in SFCV or Classical Voice, I was paid by them to write it and the ticket was comped, with a very few exceptions.
- If a review appears here, I probably paid for the ticket, but I do get some comps.
- My tone in paid reviews is more measured and deliberative than my tone here.
Still planning to get together some statistics about my readership.