Friday, June 01, 2018

No Yuja

I did not report about this at the time, but a few months ago, Yuja Wang cancelled several west coast recitals. Her plans then were to reschedule the recitals, but now comes the announcement that she is unable to do so. The two press releases I have so quote her as follows:
I have been working hard to find a date in the next few months to play my postponed recitals in Vancouver, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Costa Mesa but I’m sorry to tell my fans that it is simply impossible. I have been given strict instructions by my doctors that I’m trying very hard to follow to ensure that I remain healthy. I thank you all for your support and kindness and I am already working on returning to you all with a recital program as soon as I am able.
I've heard from SF and LA; I'm not on the press mailing lists for the other venues.

SF Symphony (Great Performers) is offering the following options to ticketholders:
The following options are available for those who purchased tickets to the May 6 recital:
·         Exchange your tickets for any remaining San Francisco Symphony concert in the 2018-19 Season; for any 2018 Summer with the Symphony performance; or for MTT Conducts Pianist Yuja Wang and Appalachian Spring September 13-16, 2018.·         Exchange your tickets for a gift certificate, which can be used at any time.·         Donate your tickets, and receive a tax deduction for the total ticket value.·         Receive a refund for the value of the ticket.For assistance, please contact the San Francisco Symphony Box Office by phone at 415-864-6000, email at patronservices@sfsymphony.org, or in person at the Box Office located at 201 Van Ness Ave, San Francisco, CA.
The LA Phil is offering refunds only.

Wishing the best of health to Ms. Wang, of course.

No comments: