Wednesday, April 03, 2019

Cabrillo Festival, 2019

Well, well, Cabrillo has the tastiest and most interesting season in....I don't know how long. Kudos to music director Cristian Măcelaru for the 2019 programming. I'm so happy to say that I'd like to see all of these programs, so I may have a weekend or two in Santa Cruz ahead of me.

Besides the terrific lineup of works composed by women, note the illustrious guests, including proudly queer mezzo Jamie Barton, the great ensemble Roomful of Teeth, and violinist Nicola Benedetti.

Here's what the festival will be performing this year:

2 comments:

Michael Good said...

Thanks for posting this! After years of attending we finally subscribed this season because we want to hear everything. See you in Santa Cruz?

Lisa Hirsch said...

Probably - I need to check my schedule and figure out which programs I can attend. Fridays are difficult.