Friday, February 19, 2021

Friday Photo


Interior of Aldgate East Tube Station, London
May, 2014

There's more of a story behind this photo than you might think. The photo turned up, mysteriously, at the end of a black and white roll of film that I just had developed in January, along with four other rolls of film going back to the 1990s. (That's what happens when you really clean up: you find rolls of undeveloped film.) Most of the rest of the roll of film is forest shots that I think I must have taken in 2007 on a trip to the Olympic Peninsula.

I remember taking this photo, because it was taken from an odd spot: I was standing on St. Botolph St. outside the station, looking in, from the end of the station opposite the fare hall and I remember approaching the location and looking into it. What's really strange is that I have absolutely no memory of having taken a film camera to London with me on the 2014 trip. I had just bought a very nice dSLR, with which I took hundreds of photos on that trip. I must have thrown my little Olympus point and shoot camera into the camera bag, because I definitely didn't take my Ricoh film SLR.

Here's a photo of the exterior of the station, taken right before or after the above shot:






 

No comments: