Friday, March 12, 2021

Coronaversary

It's a year today -- well, 52 weeks -- since my last approximately normal day before the shutdown. Here's what my last week looked like:

March 6-8 - American Judo & Jujitsu Federation annual convention. A few folks I know stayed away because of the impending pandemic, including one of my students. I went, but woke up in the morning with a sore foot and spend most of the weekend reading in my room.

March 8 - I taught the last session of my safe rolling & falling class. (I teach this periodically; if you're interested in learning how to protect yourself if you fall, which is potentially deadly, let me know. I hope to resume teaching some time this year.)

March 9. I went to my office. None of my office mates were there. My company had already said we could optionally work from home. 

March 10 - I worked from home for the first time in the pandemic. My company recommended that we work from home starting on the 11th. Nobody came to jujitsu class. I yakked with an instructor in another style for a half hour and then we both headed home.

March 12 - I taught my last jujitsu class and practiced throwing with one of my students.

March 13 - I got a haircut that included the application of some blue dye over somewhat blondish hair (I am not a blonde).

March 16. My company closed its offices.

A year later, I really wish I'd gone into the office once more between March 10 and 16. I have stuff that's been sitting there, including a favorite sweater, my preferred headphones, and other stuff, for a year now. Oh, well; the vaccination process will catch up with me eventually, and some day my office will be open again.




No comments: