Thursday, November 23, 2023

People and Things to be Thankful For

Somewhat similar to last year's post, though I had to take out "SF Opera's continuing mask requirement":

There's so much: I'm grateful for my partner Donna; for work I (mostly) like and can do from home; for my excellent work colleagues and the five people who've managed me in the last three years (they've been wonderfully supportive through thick and thin); for the roof over my head.  For the performance arts organizations without whose work my life would be so much poorer; for Eun Sun Kim and Esa-Pekka Salonen and the circumstances that brought them to San Francisco; for MTT; for West Edge Opera and Opera Parallel; for San Francisco Opera and San Francisco Symphony. For my many friends, on and off the internet; for Deborah, Patrick, Craig, Joshua, Nan, Nina, Georgia, Lois, Lizzy, Lizzie, Liz, Steve S. and Steve H., Kalimac, Janos, Michael, Peter and SFCV; F. Paul; Ed, Imani, Alex, Mike, Charlise, Axel, Tim M. and Tim P., for Matt and Nancy, for Matt and Janet; for The Well, my online home since the last century; for musicology Twitter; for all of the members of the APA about relationships (my offline home since the last century). And for many folks not specifically named here. 

1 comment:

CruzSF said...

I'm thankful I know you, too, Lisa. You enrich my understanding and enjoyment of music online and in person. Because of you, I'm a better listener of music, voices, and people.