- Anthony Tommasini likes it ("a miraculous realization of an opera once deemed unperformable").
- Martin Bernheimer likes it. ("It is good. Very, very good.")
- Anne Midgette is unimpressed. (Detailed arguments too complex and interesting to be summed up or excerpted.)
- Greg Sandow calls it "laughably bad."
- Alex Ross is impressed and overwhelmed.
- John Simon hated it.
- Everyone in the comments section here loved it.
Monday, July 07, 2008
Compare and Contrast 10
The reviews are piling up for Die Soldaten: