Thursday, January 26, 2012

Call Me Cynical

Email from LA Opera trumpets a new web site feature: select your own seat! We're happy to finally be able to offer this! And we're waiving the handling fee for online orders for Simon Boccanegra and Albert Herring tickets, starting on January 29!

Um, well, yes, it is a good thing that LAO has caught up with every other major presenting organization I've bought tickets from in the last five or six years. Why they didn't enable this module from Tessitura long ago is beyond me. And I consider handling fees for online orders to be vile. Roll those fees into overall ticket prices so customers - your audience members - don't feel nickeled and dimed.

2 comments:

LinGin said...

Last couple of times I printed up single tickets for Met performances on my computer I was hit with a $6.50 handling fee. I freaking hate this nickel-and-diming.

Lisa Hirsch said...

That is unconscionable.