Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Another Publicity No-No

Email from a prominent opera company dropped into my inbox yesterday, among other things announcing their next season announcement and changes and additions to this season's casts.

The problem is that the document containing changes and additions is an updated version of last year's season announcement PDF....without any indication of what the changes and additions are. I see that there are no apparent changes to the higher-profile leads, but the only reason I know this is that I looked over the company's web site last week. Which means that I have no idea what might have changed, if they've been updating the web site regularly.

Folks, don't do this. If you're announcing changes and additions, add a paragraph to your press release about it, or boldface the changes.

No comments: