First of all, my dojo has a new name and a new web site. We are still conveniently located a short walk from El Cerrito BART, near the Central Avenue exit from 80/580, and close to San Pablo Avenue.
Second, we've got two special classes coming up:
Simple Balance Exercises Class
Saturday, February 6, 2016
12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m
$20/student, no one turned away for lack of funds. Open to all.
A one-session class on easy exercises that you can do at home.
Women's Self-Defense Class
Four Saturday afternoons
March 5, 12, 19, and 26, 2016
~noon to 3 p.m. (might be 12:30 to 3:30)
$150/student. No one turned away for lack of funds. We are LGBT-welcoming.
Concerned about your personal safety? This 12-hour class reinforces your self-confidence and provides practice in self-protection techniques, including:
- The foundations of self-protection: Alertness, awareness, & avoidance
- Use of the voice; use of common objects as weapons
- Basic strikes: hammer blow, heel of hand, elbow blows
- Basic kicks: front, side, rear
- Escapes from common attacks: chokes, bear hugs, hair pulls
- Defending yourself on the ground or against a wall
- How to deal with an attacker who has a weapon
- Securing your home
- Staying safe on the street, in your car, home, or workplace
To enroll, or for more information about either of these classes, email me at email@example.com.