Opera Philadelphia has announced their 2017-18 season, and it is astonishing:
- The Magic Flute
- Elizabeth Cree, Kevin Puts, libretto by Mark Campbell. World premiere.
- We Shall Not Be Moved, Daniel Bernard Roumain, libretto by Marc Bamuthi Joseph. Bill T. Jones directs & choreographs. World premiere.
- War Stories, Philadelphia premiere,
- Il combatitmento di Tancredi e Clorinda, Monteverg
- I Have No Stories to Tell You, Lembit Beecher, libretto by Hannah Moscovitch
- The Wake World, music & libretto by David Hertzberg. World premiere.
- Written on Skin, George Benjamin
Three, count 'em, three world premieres, plus Written on Skin and a Philly premiere. Wow.