Wednesday, April 25, 2018

L'Orfeo Projections

As you can tell from my review, I loved the projections used for L'Orfeo in the Apollo's Fire production. Camilla Tassi, the assistant director, was responsible for them, and she was kind enough to send me a list of the images she used for the production. Here it is, with her notes:


- Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot, "Orpheus leading Eurydice” 
(different iterations, like when I fade out Euridice, or have Euridice lead instead of Orfeo) 

- Edward Poynter's "Orpheus leading Euridice" from Hades
 (but only had Orpheus emerge from rocks/Hades)

- José Benlliure y Gil's "La Barca de Caronte"  
For the Act 3, Caronte and River Styx (for bringing Caronte’s image in and out, this is where I added the mist effect overlay)

- "Orpheus door de Bacchanten verscheurd" 
(for Act 5, Baccante women)

- Nicolas Poussin's landscape 
(used for the fields of Thrace)

- Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot's "Dance of the Nymphs”
(used for the wedding)

- Tadeusz Styka's “Orpheus"
(when Musica, in the prologue, talks about Orfeo)

- Thomas Barker of Bath's "An Arcadian Landscape with Deities”
(the Act I pastoral setting)

No comments: