Tuesday, April 03, 2018

Upcoming Performances I Can't Attend (Volti, Cowell, John Luther Adams)

I'll be out of town this coming weekend (doing jujitsu) and the first weekend of May (professional conference), and thus I am missing a few events I'd love to attend

  • Bard Music West: The World of Henry Cowell. Once again, they're at Noe Valley Ministry, 1021 Sanchez at 23rd, SF, CA. Dates are April 6 and 7. I attended one of the concerts last year and wow, it was great.
  • Volti is singing a work by Ruth Crawford (Seeger) at Bard West on Friday night....
  • ....and on Saturday, they're the chorus for John Luther Adams's new orchestral work, "Become Desert," which Seattle Symphony is performing at Zellerbach Hall (Cal Performances).
  • I will be back in time for Sunday's Seattle Symphony program, which includes JLA's "Become Ocean" and oceanic works by Sibelius and Britten.
  • Out into May, Volti has a great program on May 4 and 6, called Bay and Beyond.

2 comments:

Civic Center said...

The World of Henry Cowell was a superb festival, and the trio of Ruth Crawford choruses were an amazing highlight. Glad I get to write about it.

Lisa Hirsch said...

I'm sorry to have missed that, but very glad I went to do jujitsu! I had a great time and it was inspiring.