Remember Mark Vanhoenacker's Slate piece the other week? (Link is to this blog.) It looks as though there will be some arm-wrestling about the current state of classical music after all. See the following:
- Will Robin writes a blog posting for The New Yorker, and Andy Doe, who already cracked the whip on Vanhoenacker, provides a stupendously great and very funny graphic. Make sure to look at the URL for the blog posting!
- As usual, Jon Silpayamanant has wise words.
- Anne Midgette takes issue with almost everybody. Perhaps a few people will take issue with her.
- Here's a fine article by David Stabler that looks at the specifics of some organizations without sensationalizing anything.
- And here's a barrage of tweets from a several-days period: