Friday, January 03, 2014

Your Chance to Applaud Osmo

Email from San Francisco Symphony reminds me that I have a ticket to see Osmo Vänskä conduct this tasty program on February 1:

Daniil Trifonov piano
San Francisco Symphony

Sibelius Night Ride and Sunrise
Rachmaninoff Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini
Stravinsky Symphonies of Wind Instruments
Sibelius Symphony No. 6


The Rach is great fun and the rest of the program is fabulous. Come and applaud this great conductor for standing up for what's right at the Minnesota Orchestra, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sale and a visit to SFS last night enabled me to grab a ticket for the Thursday matinee, so I'm on it!

Lisa Hirsch said...

I paid full price, but fine by me - it's a great program.

vlhorowitz said...

Enjoy Daniil's performance this week. I was surprised to learn that he had no Rachmaninoff in his fingers until 2012. 'Rhapsody', I believe, was the first!

Lisa Hirsch said...

Thanks, I am sure I will!