Thursday, October 31, 2013

No Proselytizing

Email sent in response to a comment, which was not from a regular reader:

Dear [redacted]:

You have attempted to proselytize for Christianity in a comment on my classical music blog, Iron Tongue of Midnight.

I must ask whether you read the blog posting to which you attempted to post. It is about the sexual abuse of minors at the Royal Northern College of Music and Chetham's Music School in Great Britain.

Comments at my blog are moderated, and I will not be publishing yours. It is off-topic and I do not allow religious proselytizing in the comments.

Yours,

Lisa Hirsch

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't that post quite a while ago? Sounds to me more like random spam than an off-topic comment.

Lisa Hirsch said...

It was earlier this year. I presume it was chosen for proselytizing or spam because the post title included the phrase "Roman Catholic Church." The comment was a doozy. I am happy to forward if you're curious.

Lisa Hirsch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.