- Will Crutchfield reviews Long Beach Opera's 1988 production and is unimpressed.
- Anthony Tommasini on the Bard Festival production of 2008. Right on, Tony: I admire Leon Botstein's guts and programming more than his conducting.
- George Loomis reviews the 2008 Mariinsky production
- Bernard Holland chats about the opera and reviews the Simon Rattle recording
- John Rockwell on a 1982 Wolf Trap production
- Bernard Holland was at Carnegie Hall when Charles Dutoit conducted it
- Paul Griffiths reviews Simon Rattle and the CBSO in 1998
I've seen Tony T. at King Roger and at both of today's Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival programs. I hope he liked King Roger as much as I did and got the performance he's obviously waited a long time for.