- Christoph Eschenbach conducts SFS in a program of Wagner & Dvorak. Note: the Wagner is a couple of bleeding chunks sung by the great baritone Matthias Goerne.
- Goerne & Eschenbach perform Schubert's Winterreise on Sunday, April 28
- California Bach Society presents the Symphoniae Sacrae by Heinrich Schuetz
- Opera Parallele presents Trouble in Tahiti and A Hand of Bridge
- Volti performs David Lang's battle hymns at Kezar Pavilion
- SF Conservatory stages Die Fledermaus. (I like this a lot, but SFO put it on brilliantly a few years ago and I don't need to see it again just now.)
- Handel & Haydn Society - of Boston - presents Handel's Jeptha
- Pocket Opera has Orpheus in the Underworld at the Hillside Club in Berkeley (Sunday only)
I have a ticket to Winterreise and am weeping as I debate what to see next. battle hymns is currently in the lead because it sounds quite remarkable, but SIGH.