Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Fun Concerts I Can't Get To, But Maybe You Can

Some of us don't like 8 p.m. start times; some of us who are time-agnostic can't logistically get to 6 p.m. concerts. Here are a couple of great-looking concerts with that early start time. For full disclosure, I can never get to concerts on Tuesday or Thursday nights, so the first concert is out on two grounds.

I hear good things about Sol Jin, and his program includes Dichterliebe, always a draw. I have heard Mirella Hagen in the last 24 hours, as a Rheinmaiden on Simon Rattle's recording of you-know-what, plus I heard her in Bayreuth last year, and let me just say, she's a wonderful singer. Wish I could go!

LIEDER ALIVE!  www.liederalive.org or 415-561-0100
Schumann’s Dichterliebe, Brahms and Strauss – Baritone Sol Jin (Merola 2015) and pianist John Parr in collaboration with the Merola Opera Program.
Tue July 5 at 6pm
Sommer-Liederabend – Joint presentation with Wagner Society of Northern California: program of Berg, Britten, Debussy, R.Strauss, Wagner and Wolf by soprano Mirella Hagen and pianist Robin Engelen.
Fri July 8 at 6pm
Both programs at Noe Valley Ministry, 1021 Sanchez St, San Francisco
Tickets: $75 Premium Reserved Seating, $35 General Admission, $15 Students (all prices include reception with artists and free-flowing bubbly)

No comments: