Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Batting a Thousand

This is the one-thousandth posting on this blog. It's taken me just under five years to get here. I am temporarily adding a gadget showing the labels and number of postings attached to each label. Now, I've been both erratic and inconsistent about labeling, so take the numbers with a grain of salt. Still, I'm sure no one will be surprised that opera and politics are major areas of interest.

Here's the distribution of postings by year:

October 31, 2004 to December 31, 2004: 24
2005: 86
2006: 98
2007: 238
2008: 267
2009: 285

Accelerated posting rate!

9 comments:

Empiricus said...

Congrats on 1000!

Lisa Hirsch said...

Thanks!

Robert Gable said...

Congratulations and continued good posting...

Lisa Hirsch said...

Thank you!

winpal said...

Your blog is one of my favs. Keep up the good work!

Bruce Hodges said...

Molto congrats, Lisa! Wishing you a great journey on the way to the next thousand.

Lisa Hirsch said...

Thanks, all!

I am contemplating the next thousand, you bet. Also debating which OLD incomplete drafts to keep:

- Comments on why I dislike Nilsson on record

- Response to a 2008 Greg Sandow posting about why Times Review X, of a pop star who sang about LUV was more "relevant" than Times Review Y of a classical concert of music by women, in which the reviewer actually discussed sexism and its impact on composing and composers. What?

- Roundup of operas I heard during the summer of 2008, except Adriana Mater, which I reviewed for SFCV.

- Comments on SF Performances' wonderful Carter 100th Birthday Celebration

- Review of last winter's Boheme with Luisotti conducting and that pipsqueak Angela Gheorghiu as Mimi

- Some comments on V. Ashkenazy's conducting

- Reviews of this year's SFO Traviata (disliked Futral, disliked production) and Porgy (loved)

Patrick will kill me if I don't get to the opera roundup and Bruce will kill me if I don't write SOMETHING about the Carter, so those will stay! Also this year's SFO reviews.

Anonymous said...

Wait, opera and politics are different categories?

Anyway hooray and keep at it.

Lisa Hirsch said...

Hahah, yeah, so true. Well, maybe I should start putting the politics tag on Nozze, Dr. Atomic, Tosca, etc., etc.