Friday, January 30, 2015

Marc-Andre Hamelin at Mills

Now that I've got my own tickets, I can reveal that two weeks from tomorrow, Marc-Andre Hamelin is giving the following concert at Mills College in Oakland:

John Field: Andante inédit in E flat major
Franz Schubert: Sonata for Piano no.13 in A D664 (1819)
Franz List: Soirée de Vienne No.6 in A minor (S427/6)
Franz Schubert: Sonata in B flat Major, D960


General admission tickets are $15, a bit more than the cost of a first-run movie, which is a whole lot less than you will usually pay to see Hamelin. (The venue might be out of the way for you, but not for me!) Regular readers know my very high opinion of him; this program is a bit outside his usual repertory, though it surely fits with his formidable musical intelligence, and should thus be exceptionally interesting.

No comments: