Friday, February 02, 2018

Shocked, Shocked: Argerich & Perlman Recital is Canceled

Received from SFS / Great Performers:
MARCH 16 RECITAL FEATURING MARTHA ARGERICH AND ITZHAK PERLMAN IS CANCELLED
SAN FRANCISCO, CA—Pianist Martha Argerich and violinist Itzhak Perlman, scheduled to appear in a joint recital on March 16 at Davies Symphony Hall, have announced that the concert has been cancelled due to family and health problems which prevent Argerich from traveling for extensive periods of time. Argerich comments on this decision, saying: “I am very sorry having to cancel my upcoming tour in the United States with Itzhak Perlman, whom I deeply admire and with whom I love playing. Thank you very much for your understanding.”

3 comments:

Eric Pease said...

Subscribers to Amazon Prime can watch the documentary "Bloody Daughter" for free

https://www.amazon.com/Bloody-daughter-Argerich-Stéphanie-Subtitled/dp/B00ZD6GRHQ

Lisa Hirsch said...

I would REALLY like to see that, but I will have to buy it, no doubt. (No Prime.)

John Marcher said...

I didn't know that was on Amazon. Thanks for that :)
And I'm glad I got to see her this fall.